This is an index to the Write Less With More series of blog posts, focusing on new features of Oracle 12c that allow us developers to write less than in previous versions in order to achieve the same functionality.
Each part is dedicated for one new feature that solves some common development task.
- Part 1 – write less configuration with SQL*Loader Express Mode
- Part 2 – write less application code with Identity Columns
- Part 3 – write less application code with In-Database Archiving
- Part 4 – write less application code with Temporal Validity
- Part 5 – write less code in SQL with Row Limiting
- Part 6 – write less “inappropriately located” code with SELECT FROM Package-Level Collection Types
- Part 7 – write less code in SQL with Lateral Inline Views
- Part 8 – write less “inappropriately located” code with PL/SQL in the WITH Clause
- Part 9 – write even less with VALIDATE_CONVERSION